Search Engine Optimization for Your Website
You have a website, but are you getting traffic and sales?
The reality is that while you may have an attractive website, it may not be optimized for the search engines or for
your visitors. This can result in your site placing poorly in the Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs) and not
converting visitors to customers. This is where Search Engine Optimization (SEO) comes
An Optimized Site Achieves the
• Relevance: Search engines (Google for example) want to know that when someone
clicks on a link they will find what they expected to find. This means that Google rewards websites where the
title, description, keywords and content match up as closely as possible. Do this well, and Google will reward your
site with a higher ranking.
• Friendly Site Architecture: Search engine robots crawl your site to index the
content and determine what it is about. Make your site easy for them to navigate and it will benefit
• Content: Quality content on your site attracts and keeps visitors and ensures that
the search engines treat your site with more respect.
• Engagement: The more engaging you can make your site, the longer your visitors will stay on it and the more you
will be rewarded by the search engines with a good ranking. Additions such as audio and video are an excellent way
to provide engagement to visitors.
• Backlinks: The amount of links (backlinks) your site gets from other sites is an
important quality measure that search engines use to evaluate your site. If lots of quality sites are linking to
you, it is probably an indication that you are a quality site also – one that people will want to visit. Google
will reward your site accordingly. All else being equal, the site with more backlinks will outperform its
competition. Generating backlinks to a site is an important part of ‘off-page’ SEO.
What An SEO Specialist Does:
As an SEO specialist, it is my job to optimize your site so that
it can perform its best. The following is a basic package that I have prepared with small business in
1. Basic keyword research to determine ‘traffic keywords’ that
could be incorporated into your website copy and meta tags to boost buying traffic to your site. I will also
provide you with a colourful printout of some SEO stats for your website and your competition.
2. Check that each page of your website has appropriate title and description meta
tags (what the search engines see in your site’s coding) to ensure the search engines and potential customers know
what you are ‘about’, and rewrite or add if necessary.
3. Check that your Home page title and any sub-title match up as closely as possible
with your title and description meta tags and rewrite if necessary. Attention to this step can result in a
significant boost in search engine ranking.
4. Check that your Home page copy is SEO friendly. This means that it is directed at
your visitor, includes your Unique Selling Proposition (USP) if possible, and includes your keywords to attract the
search engines. I will write copy as required.
5. Check that your internal link structure is ‘robot’ friendly and if appropriate set
up internal links from your Home page copy to your important inner pages. Search engine ‘bots’ like this as these
links are easy to follow. This step will also focus more attention (‘link juice’) on your inner pages and will
often help them to rank better.
6. Add testimonials to your website. These are more powerful than anything you could
say about your own products or services and will help your visitors to feel more comfortable about dealing with
you. You will of course need to provide the testimonials.
7. Help you to optimize your Google Local Listing to improve your chances of getting
a placement. Have you claimed your Google Local Listing? You will see the listing close to the top of Google page 1
if you do a search for a local business, for example, ‘furniture Victoria’. If you cannot find your business in the
Local Listing for your main keyword and location, work needs to be done.
8. Install Google Analytics as appropriate. Without testing, you will not know what is and isn’t working and what
can be improved on your site. Google Analytics is a free program that can be installed on your site. It collects
data and summarizes it into a useful format for you to review.
• Video production: Video is a powerful tool to get your message across. In addition, Google
loves video and you may find that your video shows up on page 1 of Google. (See samples here: Videos Ads)
• Video thumbnail in Google: I can
place a video thumbnail on any link you have in Google search other than the home page. This is extremely powerful
for attracting more traffic and click-throughs.
• Video Publishing: Publish your video on the web to numerous
distribution services like YouTube. This will generate backlinks to your site and increased exposure to prospective
• Backlink service: Getting quality backlinks to your site is never a wasted effort.
Of course you can get backlinks if you have the time and know-how. If not, I highly recommend my backlink
service. It will give your site that extra ‘juice’ to move it higher in page ranking and help it to stay
The work that I do pays for itself. If your business is
like most businesses, I can think of nothing more important than spending money on optimizing your website. It
truly is an expenditure that can bring significantly greater and ongoing financial rewards.
None of the above services can guarantee a Google page 1 ranking, or any specific
placement but they will help. Depending on the competition your website faces on the internet, more work may be
needed to capture a top ranking (for example, article writing and distribution, press releases, and more aggressive
Contact me now to get me working for